I’m not in the presidential race – Adams Oshiomhole

 

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, on Thursday disclosed that he would not contest the 2015 presidential election, following earlier reports of his interest in the presidency.
Oshiomhole explained that although he had received calls urging him to vie for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress following his commitment to the Nigerian project, he however, chose to focus on accelerating the pace of development in the state.

He recalled that in 2007, shortly after the expiration of his tenure, as a two-term President of the Nigerian Labour Congress, he came under similar pressure from well-meaning Nigerians from across all the divides, including the late human rights lawyer and activist, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, to vie for the presidency.
He, however, noted that he believed that his party had “enough credible materials” to pick to fly the party’s flag in the election.
In a statement personally signed by him, Oshiomhole said, “I wish to categorically state that I am not contesting for the 2015 presidential election.
“My focus now is to continue with our efforts to accelerate the pace of our development programmes to take
Edo State to the next level.
“Anyone conversant with my antecedents will attest that I am not the type who does things half-heartedly. If I had resolved to run in 2015 I would have come out boldly and publicly to declare my intention.
“But convinced that anyone genuinely interested in service could do so in any capacity, I insisted against popular demand not to contest the presidency but the Governorship of Edo State in 2007 and, to the Glory of God, I won. Again, in 2012, I sought re-election and resoundingly won.
“I remain absolutely committed to the Nigerian project.
“I offer this clarification to clear the air once and for all.”

Source: The Punch

I’m not in the presidential race – Adams Oshiomhole I’m not in the presidential race – Adams Oshiomhole  Reviewed by Nedugist on 8:46 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

cbadee3f0f5fff072b501054a969c22722bccfc245a9b3acb1
Nedu Gist. Theme images by LonelySnailDesign. Powered by Blogger.